You finally did it! After months of planning and trying to figure out where you and the girls will go to celebrate your best friend’s bachelorette party, you picked NASHVILLE.
Congratulations, you made the right choice.
But what now?! Where do you stay? Is it close enough to walk/Uber to downtown? Can you afford it? Fear not, we are here to help!
📷 Photo by Abby Demmer
There are a lots of wonderful options for lodging in Nashville. Luckily, there are plenty of hotels in close vicinity to the honky tonks on Broadway, but you also have hotels near Midtown’s bar scene, Green Hill’s great shopping and East Nashville’s eateries. Our city has a plethora of hotels to choose from, but we are now living in the world of Airbnb and VRBO. For those unfamiliar with Airbnb or VRBO, they are sites that allow you to rent accommodations from local hosts worldwide. That’s right- that awesome apartment overlooking the city that someone owns, you can now stay in for an affordable rate.
There are pros + cons to both:
– Great for big groups as everyone is under one roof!
– Can cook meals at home (which saves $ #ballinonabudget)
– Access to the entire property
– Have a central location to hang, pre-game and play games
– Sometimes not in walking distance of downtown
– No access to 24/7 concierge service
– May need transportation to get around town
– Debates on who sleeps where (pull out couch, twin bed, air mattress, etc.)
– Location, location, location — within walking distance to Broadway (aka can stumble home)
– Someone waiting on you hand and foot (well, at least they’re a call away)
– Everyone’s bed is exactly the same. No fighting over differences.
– Deciding who sleeps in what room
– No common space (unless you’re ballin’ and got a suite)
– Having to worry about annoying your neighbors and noise complaints
– Unless you’re having breakfast in bed, must get up and get ready for brunch
Tip: Regardless of where you stay, make sure everyone knows the address! This may sound silly, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t know how to get home at the end of the night.
Here at SBE, we love the pampering amenities of a hotel but staying together under one roof has its perks, too. If you’re going the hotel route, stay within walking distance of downtown. Here are a list of hotels our clients love. The staff is delightful, and the beds are so comfortable you might have to force yourself to leave the room.
Hotels we love:
But before you make a decision, check out these Airbnb/VRBO picks. Below are a few of our favorites. Whether they’re nestled in 12th south, near the airport, or come with their own pool – we always discuss the location of our client’s rental. We understand you’re not always familiar with the area, so we give an honest opinion on location for peace of mind. Some clients have re-booked after our recommendations.
Our few of our favorite rentals:
Our point? Nashville is one of the coolest cities on the planet, and no matter where you stay you are going to have an amazing time — especially when you have us to guide you every step of the way. #humblebrag